The Central Government (CG) has directed to link Aadhaar Card with numerous services and documents to continue using them.
The following are the list of documents that need to be linked to Aadhar Card:
- PAN Card – The deadline to link Aadhar with PAN card was December 31, 2017. However, the deadline has been extended to March 31, 2018. To link Aadhar with PAN you need to visit the income tax website and enter your PAN card and Aadhar card details and follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Mobile Number – The deadline for linking your Aadhar number with the mobile number or SIM is February 6, 2018. You can link your Aadhaar with SIM card by visiting the store or service centre of your mobile service provider or call their customer service.
- Bank Account – You can either update it online or by visiting the branch. All the major banks have updated their online portal to ease the process for its customers.
- Post Office Schemes – To link Aadhar with your post office account, you should visit the Indian Post website and download the Aadhar linking form, fill and submit it to the post office where you have an account.
- Insurance Policies – You can update it either online or offline by visiting your insurance provider. Most insurance providers have updated their websites. You need to enter your policy number, date of birth and Aadhaar number in the form and submit it.
- Mutual Funds– CAMS and Karvy have an online process to link mutual fund account to Aadhar. You can login to the respective website and link your account with Aadhar. On updating the information an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Aadhar linking process will be completed on entering the OPT.
Sukanya Raman, Immigration Executive
Keywords- Aadhar, PAN, Bank Account, Mutual Funds, SIM, Insurance, Post Office